software speech synthesis in d-i?

Hello,

I'm starting thinking about _software_ speech synthesis in d-i.  A
simple solution would be to use espeakup, which connects the espeak
software speech synthesis to speakup.  That would however depend on:

- sound kernel modules
- a libespeak udeb

and the latter depends on
- a libstdc++ udeb
- a libportaudio udeb
- a libasound udeb

Does it sound reasonable to debian-boot and maintainers of the
corresponding packages?  (I guess that will take a few MBs on the
image...)

I've already started to work a bit on the sound kernel modules part,
something like a sound-pcm-modules kernel wedge.

Samuel