Re: How to install GCC compiler in debian

Bijan Kianifard wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have recently downloaded and installed debian (40r1-i386) on my laptop.
> I'm beginner to debian and linux. I want to install WINE through its
> source code, but when I enter ./configure command, I receive the following
> message:

It is probably better for you to just install wine through apt-get. But if
you want to compile it from source read on...

>  *no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH. See `config.log' for more
> details.*
>
> Following is config.log content:
>
> As it seems in the log file there is no  acceptable C compiler installed
> on my laptop. Please advise me how to install it?

To install gcc
sudo apt-get install gcc

To install all the dependencies necessary for compiling the wine package
sudo apt-get build-dep wine

For more info, see the man pages of apt-get.

hth
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi