Tracking GCC 4.4 related build errors

I started building the Debian archive with GCC 4.4 ten days ago to
report build errors.  I've completed the archive build now and
reported about 220 bugs (the majority with patches).  There are
roughly 30 build failures left that I haven't analyzed yet.  There
are also about 35 packages that fail because the boost headers don't
work with GCC 4.4.  I'll try to build them when the boost headers
get fixed.

I used the ftbfs-gcc-4.4 user tag (with debian-gcc@lists.debian.org as
the user) to track these bugs:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=ftbfs-gcc-4.4;users=debian-gcc@lists.debian.org
If you run into GCC 4.4 related build failures that I missed, please
use the same user tag.

The majority of GCC 4.4 build errors are trivial.  The large majority
of failures is because of missing #include statements, as described at
http://www.cyrius.com/journal/gcc/gcc-4.4-include

There are also about 20 build errors because of improved preprocessor
checks, as described at
http://www.cyrius.com/journal/gcc/gcc-4.4-preprocessor-errors

I'll try to do another archive build when the gcc-4.4 package is in
Debian.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/