Re: [alpha, hppa] GCC-4.3 as the default compilers for lenny?

Grant Grundler wrote:
On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 06:24:12PM +0000, rubisher wrote:
I looked at gcc-43 build output to check warnings related to networking
as suggest by John David Anglin.
That remember me that when I discover those new warnings with gcc-4.2 <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.parisc/70> "discards qualifiers from pointer target type", they disapeared with gcc-4.3

I saw that but don't know what it's about.

The answer of Matthew seems to work ;-)

and btw this nic wasn't working anymore (no ping no ssh, ...) even thought the kernel was booting. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to investigate in more details (and it wasn't question to use gcc-4.3 as new default), sorry. If you compare your kernel build output with gcc-4.2 and 4.3 do you also notice this differences?

By "build output" do you mean the binary (e.g. dot-o files) or log of what
was compiled and which warnings were emitted?

Well, my understanding was that you compared a log file of a build with gcc-4.2 with the log file of the build of same src with gcc-4.3. That's what I did in fact but I was so busy this week that I couldn't post the results. Sorry, I will be off next week too, so will try to do when I will be back next Apr 14 ;-)

hth,
	r.

thanks
grant