Re: build architecture

Laurent GUERBY writes:
> As you might now I administrate the GCC Compile Farm project:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm

Yes, I am aware of the compile farm (I scan the gcc mailing list
regularly).  My laptop is fast enough for my needs (dual x86_64, 2
GHz, 2 GiB RAM; bootstraps 4.3 in 40 minutes); I don't need more CPU
or disk right now, but free time and more energy :/

[...]

> We have no "exotic" architecture machines for now but we have hosting
> space and we also have some budget to invest, amount depending on
> interest for free software. Let me know if it's interesting for debian.
>
> Is debian using qemu on x86/amd64 machines to build for exotic
> architectures? Aurelien Jarno documents some configurations here:
>
> http://www.aurel32.net/info/debian_mips_qemu.php

Not for the build daemons but some maintainers develop their packages
on such virtual boxes.  I think I'll have to do that but have not yet
found the time either.

PS. Trimmed CC: to just debian-gcc, as Matthias, Aurelien and I are
all on that list.

--
Ludovic Brenta.