Re: How to handle ICEs on buildds

<posted & mailed>

http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=lam&arch=alpha&ver=7.1.2-1.2&stamp=1202605929&file=log&as=raw

> The build fails due to an internal compiler error. Now, as many of the
> interested people do not have access to the machine of the relevant
> architecture, we can't file the bugs ourselves. If we do file a bug,
> the gcc maintainers usually ask us to report it upstream, which is not
> possible in my case. Therefore, I was wondering whether you could
> outline the procedure you would recommend to handle these cases.

DDs have access to those machines. You can contact them and get an account
if possible.

Another option is to request for help on architecture specific mailing list.
If you are using gmane, this would be gmane.linux.debian.ports.alpha. The
actual mailing list name can be obtained from lists.debian.org.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/