Re: crt1.o & crti.o are missing in the gcc library

Chan Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  After I did install Debian using DVD set from CheapBytes,
>  I found that the gcc is not installed. Looking around what's
>  the best way to install gcc, I found the 'apt' and did install
>  the gcc using 'apt-get install gcc', which asked to mount the
>  DVD1 and then the gcc installation was completed.

This is the mailing list concerning development _of_ GCC in Debian.
Please direct further questions to the appropriate User list, all
of which are documented at http://lists.debian.org/users.html .

>  But then using the gcc complains that the loader cannot
>  find the crt stuffs - particular, the crt1.o & crti.o in the gcc
>  library. This is strange as the library contains crtStart.o &
>  crtEnd.o, but no crt1.o (nor crt0.o either).

Install libc6-dev, or simply build-essential.

Thiemo