A little request

Dear devolepers,
i'm writing a little program which translates music into images.
I wrote the two procedures and i want them to comunicate between themselves. A friend suggest me to use the functions SendMessage() and PeekMessage() , i want some help about their syntax and semantycs. What kind of message can i send? Can i send (for an example) a string of numbers?
Thank you for the help and sorry for my english,I'm an italian boy so if there's someone among you that is italian too, please give me an answer in italian.
Bye.