pthread_cancel() problem on AMD64

Hi

I'm posting here to get some help with bug #373253 that we found in Etch's graphical installer. On AMD64 only (this bug doesn't affect i386 nor PPC) when a VT switch is performed, DirectFB issues a pthread_cancel which results in

libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work
Aborted

Adding this library to the debian-installer allows performing correctly the VT switch. But this library was found not to be required on i386 nor PPC: should we add it or this would be just a workaround for something else which is broken? Googling around, we found that bug #360933 may be somehow related to this bug, but we really need specialized help here.

thanks

Attilio Fiandrotti