Re: gnat-4.1 4.1.1-14 FTBFS on powerpc, in configure

Aurelien Jarno writes:
> Ludovic Brenta a écrit :
> > I'm baffled.
> >
> > gnat-4.1 has built on all archs except powerpc, where it says:
> >
> > Running configure in multilib subdir 64
> > pwd: /build/buildd/gnat-4.1-4.1.1/build/powerpc-linux-gnu
> > configure: creating cache ./config.cache
> > checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > checking for int... yes
> > checking size of int... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (int), 77
> > See `config.log' for more details.
> > make[4]: *** [configure-target-libiberty] Error 1
> >
> > Matthias, since you built gcc-4.1 from the same sources manually on
> > powerpc, could you please look at your build logs and tell me what's
> > there?  What could be the problem?  What could be the solution?
> >

> The problem is probably that gnat-4.1 has been tried on a 32-bit
> machine. On powerpc you need a 64-bit machine to build gcc or derivated
> packages.

yes, known problem on powerpc. we play tricks on s390, sparc, powerpc
and i386, see disable-configure-run-check.dpatch. That used to work on
all four architectures to build the biarch compiler, but stopped
working on powerpc.  If you want to have a look, please go ahead.

You'll notice different test results as well, when uploading packages
built on a 32bit machine, missing the 64bit test results.

uploaded gnat-4.1 for powerpc now.

  Matthias