backporting the classpath 0.92 changes from the gcc-4_1-rh-branch

Recently the FC developers did backport the classpath 0.92 changes
from the trunk to to the gcc-4_1-rh-branch; currently trying to port
these changes to the gcc-4_1-branch.  You can find a diff at [1],
consisting of two patches to make the big patch apply cleanly and one
patch applied after the merge.  I did leave out the libjava/libltdl
changes for now.  The resulting sources stop building in libjava,
trying to compile the first .java file [2].

The referenced classes / interfaces are not found; however stracing
the process show that the .java files are sucessfully stat'd and
opened.

Using the gcj/jc1 from the gcc-4_1-rh-branch to build the merged
sources shows the same behaviour, so I assume that the problem is in
the libjava/classpath merge, not in the gcc/java merge. Any help or
suggestions are welcome.

  Matthias

[1] http://people.debian.org/~doko/tmp/java-backport.diff.bz2
[2] http://people.debian.org/~doko/tmp/gcj-build.log