help:how to use the gcc compile option:--enable-threads ?

        I am trying to compile GCC source code with cygwin. But there is one question:
I want to add a new thread support library "artos" to option --enable-threads. now I have an include file  gthr_artos.h, and i use the option "--enable-threads=artos".
then the configure report "artos is an unkown thread package"!
how can I the configure know the artos thread support library?