Re: mips(el) n32 and n64 host triplet

Daniel Jacobowitz a écrit :
On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 12:43:50PM +0000, Thiemo Seufer wrote:

I gave it some thought. Currently we only have mips64{,el}-linux-gnu,
which, to make matters worse, defaults to a n32 compiler with
multilibed o32/n32/n64 libraries. IMHO the best thing to do is to
introduce a completely separate set of triplets for the more advanced
single-ABI mips configurations. E.g:

mipsn32-linux-gnu
mipsn32el-linux-gnu
mipsn64-linux-gnu
mipsn64el-linux-gnu

The distinction between mips64 and mips_n_64 is a bit subtle, but
I don't see a better way while keeping the scheme relatively simple.

Comments?

There are already triplets for this ;-)  Take a look at the glibc
configuration; I believe you'd want mips64-linux-gnuabi64 et al.

I can't find such thing in the glibc? In which file?

IMHO, this triplets have the advantage to be compatible with the current config.{guess,sub}, and to be coherent with the new ARM ABI triplet, which is arm-linux-gnueabi.

On the other side they look a bit strange...

Bye,
Aurelien