Re: Debian gcc and the D language

[CC to debian-gcc]

I hesitate to add a new front end to the gcc source package. We
recently did split java and do build it now from it's own source. That
should be possible for D as well. In experimental, you'll find a
gcc-4.1-source package containing the gcc-4.1, sources, all Debian
patches and some of the build infrastructure.

I didn't look too hard, but as it looks the only change inside gcc
might be to add the D specs to the gcc driver.

  Matthias