Re: Please reenable GCJ on mips

Thiemo Seufer wrote:
>That's wrong.

OK.  Can somebody *describe* the damned bug?  Is it a hard limit on GOT size
which can't be exceeded (but breaks a predictable collection of packages)?
Is it a bug in the way ld constructs the GOT (say, not subdividing it
properly into multiple GOTs for 'multigot')?  Is it a bug in the way the gcj
Makefile *uses* ld, preventing ld from having the right information to
construct the GOT?  (If it's the latter, I can almost certainly fix it; I'm a
configury maintainer upstream for GCC.)

Or is it a  mystical bug which nobody can actually describe which causes GOT
overflow in mysterious cases for mysterious reasons not to be questioned by
mortal men?  Because that's what it seems like, what with all these vague and
meaningless comments I'm hearing.  Does anyone actually know what the problem
is?