Re: Please reenable GCJ on mips

ths@networkno.de:
>The toolchain (more specifically: ld) can't handle the gcj runtime
>build yet. Btw, ghc triggers the same problem, there were several
>reports filed for the various instances of this bug.

Ah, I see.  So it's binutils which can't handle it.  No wonder I couldn't find
any bug reports.  :-P

Is this the GOT handling problem noted at
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=274738 ?
If so, http://lists.debian.org/debian-mips/2004/10/msg00016.html
and http://lists.debian.org/debian-mips/2004/10/msg00020.html
indicate that this is not reproducible.    Furthermore it doesn't appear to
have been tested since then.

I can't find any reference to this bug in the ghc6 or ghc5 bug reports,
current or archived.  There is also no report for this bug in binutils
Bugzilla (http://sourceware.org/bugzilla) or on the old bug-binutils mailing
list (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/ ).

This is no way to get a bug fixed.  If this is seriously the level of
attention to mips and mipsel, Debian support for them should be dropped.