Re: GCC-3.3 ICE when building BK kernel on sparc32

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 08:23:39AM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Art Haas writes:
> > I'm running Debian unstable on my SparcStation 20, and after the latest
> > update I found that building the fs/proc/base.c file would generate a
> > compiler error. I've got the latest GCC-3.3 package (3.3.5-12), and get
> > the kernel code with BK. Any other people running on Sparc seeing this?
>
> from which version dis you upgrade?
> please could you send me the preprocessed source?

Hi.

A BK pull from this afternoon resulted in several updates to the
fs/proc/base.c file, and my '-12' GCC package compiled the file without
difficulty.  I'm now running 2.6.12-rc1+ on the SS20. I suppose the version
of the file from several days ago tickled a bug in the compiler that the
current file avoids.

Would it be advisable to move to the GCC-3.4 for the standard system
compiler? In particular, does this version compile kernels successfully?

Art Haas

-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822