Re: [patch] m68k extendqidi2 fix

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 10:42:54AM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Richard Zidlicky writes:
> > Hi,
> >
> > the problem has been already discussed some time
> > ago "upstream", now ocatve triggered the bug so
> > it seems the fix should be backported to 3.3
> >
> > octave problem
> >   http://lists.debian.org/debian-68k/2005/02/msg00049.html
>
> that message has another (.extbf) patch in it.

that one fixes an unrelated case where invalid assembly
is generated. Should be safe wherever it applies cleanly..
and extremely unlikely to hit.

> I'm applying the patch for 3.4 now, debian-m68k, should the patch
> applied without testing to 3.3 as well?

I think so, constraints are unchanged so all effects are
local to this instruction pattern - and generated code
differs only in the obviously incorrect cases.

Richard