Doc-less GCC builds?

Am I just being dense, or is there *no* way to effectively turn off doc
builds in the GCC packages as of 3.3/3.4? This is not a concern for normal
builds, but it can be extremely useful when, say, trying to bootstrap a
compiler for a new port - since the GCC build itself (mostly) requires only
things that are either base, or have very short dependancy chains - but
the doc build requires texinfo, doxygen, and graphviz, which between them
appear to pull in half the known universe.

Ok, not really, that would be KDE or Gnome, but it's still a huge variety
of things which are unlikely to be easily worked with if you're at the
stage of "let's build a compiler" if you're tracing Build-Depends rather
than just Depends.

I'm hoping I'm just being dense here... help?
--
Joel Aelwyn <fenton@debian.org>                                       ,''`.
                                                                     : :' :