Sparc, gcc-4, memcpy problem?

Hello,

I'm running into some segmentation fault problems with dhcp3-client on
sparc. I'm still trying to research the problem, but I've had someone
contribute a patch that apparently fixes the problem (by routing around
memcpy).

He says it's related to gcc-4.0.1 and memcpy, as the problem doesn't seem to
exist with the same version of the software built against gcc-3.3

I'm planning on building a non-stripped version today (against both versions
of gcc) and trying to debug it a bit myself.

Just wondering if this is a known issue (quick searches didn't turn anything
up) and if not, where a bug needs to be filed?

regards

Andrew