Using gcc-3.4 as the default compiler

Hello,

I'm doing security experiments on Debian Sarge.  I need to compile
all packages under gcc 3.4 instead of gcc 3.3.  (The C++ analysis
tool can parse g++ 3.4 headers but not g++ 3.3 headers.)  Is there
any reason this won't work, excepting a small number of
idiosyncratic packages?

Since I'm automating this on a large scale with UML and whatnot,
it's not as simple as changing the /usr/bin/gcc symlink.

I'm planning on modifying my gcc-defaults so that it depends on
gcc-3.4 instead of gcc-3.3, and symlinks /usr/bin/{gcc,
i386-linux-gcc} to gcc-3.4.

--
Karl 2005-06-10 19:08