Re: Need gcc3.2

Brodwyn Lyndon writes:
> Hi.  I am a research student at the University of Cape Town, South Africa.
>
> I am trying to install a speech software environment that requires
> gcc3.2 (higer versions give compilation errors).
>
> Would it be possible to make it, with it's dependencies available to me,
> please.
> I notice that Ubuntu has it in their online package list
> (http://packages.ubuntu.com/warty/devel/gcc-3.2).  Would I be safe using
> that packages?

Please try to fix your software, so that it compiles with newer GCC
versions. Older gcc-3.2 packages can be found at
http://people.debian.org/~doko/gcc-3.2. In this particular case, it
should be safe to use the packages from Ubuntu, although mixing
packages across distributions is not recommended in general.

	Matthias