Bits with libgcc

So. This one I feel less silly about asking over, since it's behaving in
what seems to be a fairly odd fashion indeed.

[ Context: gcc-3.3 version 1:3.3.5-8, current unstable package, building  ]
[ with gcc-3.2 on a netbsd-i386 port system.                              ]

Trying to do a build, I get packages that appear to Depend on libgcc,
but no libgcc package. Playing around with things some, it appears that
with_libgcc and with_shared_libgcc are both set to 'no', but skimming the
build logs indicates that the build is running with the "-shared-libgcc"
option present.

Poking at rules.defs shows some things involving cross-compilers (which
shouldn't be in effect), and then some stuff that looks like only hppa and
m68k currently have with_libgcc set to 'yes'.

What I'm not sure of is whether the right answer here is to add the arch to
the list of architectures supporting (shared) libgcc, or whether to try to
force it not to use the shared libgcc stuff during build.

Can anyone more familiar with the libgcc stuff help me untangle this one?
--
Joel Aelwyn <fenton@debian.org>                                       ,''`.
                                                                     : :' :