gcc changes break iraf build

Greetings,

I've been working on creating a Debian package of IRAF to be sponsored
by Zed Paubre.  I've been able to narrow down a build problem to the
4/30/2004 upload of a new Debian version of gcc-3.3.

As it turns out, IRAF has license problems that will likely prevent it
from getting to debian.org, but I'm still interested in maintaining the
package.  Maybe you can help me find a solution to this problem.

After upgrading to the package version at [1] (or later), I end up with
a recursive include of IRAF's stdarg.h.  Upstream IRAF originally had a
line "#include </usr/include/stdarg.h>", an absolute path because they
have disabled normal includes.  I've changed this to
"#include <stdarg.h>" to make gcc work
(/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.3.3/include/stdarg.h).  This worked well
before the upgrade, but fails for gcc-3.3.3-7 through gcc-3.3.3-9,
inclusive.

I need a way for IRAF's stdarg.h to include the gcc stdarg.h instead of
itself, for all gcc versions.  It must, however, use IRAF's files before
the gcc files in all cases.  Ideas?

Thanks,
Justin