glibc package

Hi,

I have a requirement for glibc2.3 binary package but I can’t find it. Can you please point me to the location on the debian site.

I am facing another problem where in I get the below errors on trying to start an application.

( My linux kernel is version 2.4.2 )

/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5)

I tried copying the libc2.3.2 version from another kernel running linux 2.6. This then gave the error like

/lib/ld-linux.so.2: version `G_PRIVATE’ not found ( not sure of the exact error though )

It seems like I require the glibc2.3/glibc2.3.2 package installed to get this running. I can’t find the particular package on the debian site.

If that is indeed the reason can you point me to the page from where I can download and install the binary package. If not, please let me know how I can resolve this error.

Thanks,

Gautam