Re: *-linux test results for 3.3 branch (Debian)

Gabriel Dos Reis writes:
> Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:
>
> | These are results from the current Debian builds (slightly differing
> | from the gcc-3.3.4 prerelease tarball), compared to the Debian build
> | of the gcc-3.3.3 release.
>
> Thanks for your report.
>
> Do you know in which ways they differ?

The changes are appended in the test results. You can see them at
http://people.debian.org/~doko/gcc-3.3-patches/. To summarise them:

- build/install related patches, not touching the compilers itself,
  like building an additional libstdc++_pic.a, building libffi without
  libjava, renaming info files, etc.

- build gpc as part of gcc, this should not affect the other
  compilers, all code introduced by gpc is currently ifdef'd.

- port specific patches (patch prefixed with the architecture), only
  applied on that architecture. For s390, these are:

  - s390-biarch: enable build of s390/s390x-biarch compiler,
    defaulting to s390.
  - s390-config-ml: only build libstdc++ for s390x.
  - s390-ifcvt: backport requested by our s390 maintainer, this is