Re: Next C++ transition

At Fri, 30 Apr 2004 21:55:48 +0200,
Matthias Klose wrote:
> In the release notes, alpha mips and sparc are listed to have
> changes in the binary ABI, maybe only corner cases.

Yeah, reading through the release notes, it seems there're a bunch of
modifications.

> GCC's (3.4)++ release date, new glibc versions ... Options may range
> from releasing sarge+1 with gcc-3.3, gcc-3.4, gcc-3.4 with non-default
> options or gcc-(3.4)++ (skipping gcc-3.4 as the default compiler).

FYI, I got this problem with glibc about 1 years before, and put the
special patch to use sjlj exception for arm, m68k and hppa with
Philip.  Ulrich said he didn't think to keep sjlj exception
consideration.  See debian/patches in glibc:

	50_glibc232-arm-dwarf2-buildfix.dpatch
	50_glibc232-m68k-dwarf2-buildfix.dpatch
	50_glibc232-hppa-full-nptl-2003-10-22.dpatch

I don't know when we should do ARM dwarf2 exception transition.  IIRC,
Philip Blundell said ARM new ABI would use dwarf2 exception, so we
might wait for that transition, but I don't know the status of ARM new
ABI.  Philip?

Regards,
-- gotom