illegal instruction with Open Ski Jumping + Debian unstable

Hello,
I am the author of Open Ski Jumping.
(http://www.skijump.org)

My friend is trying to run my game on his Debian unstable box without success. It compiles fine, but he gets an "Illegal instruction" whenever the game tries to run functions that draw 3d graphics. The library that I use for graphics and other things is Allegro (http://alleg.sf.net). After hours of debugging we haven't found any bugs in the source code, and we only found out that the game crashes at the first try of drawing anything in 3d. This means the functions "apply_matrix_f()", "clip3d_f()" and "persp_project_f()" from Allegro. I wasn't able to reproduce
the bug on my machine (Debian stable), nor did I hear of anybody else having
this problem. I still don't know where exactly the bug lies (my game, Allegro, gcc, ...), so I'm asking you guys for help. Maybe you can at least tell me what
might cause an "Illegal instruction"?

ps.: I'm not subscribed to this list so please include me in CC if you reply.

Michal Brzozowski

Laczysz sie przez modem? Mamy dla Ciebie bonusy!
http://link.interia.pl/f1826