Re: [Bug other/6903] gcc could give better error message when /tmp gets full

> Package: gcc
> Version: 2.7.2.3-4.7
> Severity: wishlist
>
> merry$ gcc -Wall -Werror -Wmissing-prototypes -g -O2 -I.  -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_STRDUP=1 -DHAVE_STRERROR=1 Test.c -o Test
> cc1: /tmp/ccb04872: I/O error
>
> This happened repeatedly when /tmp filled up during compilation (Test.c is
> over a megabyte long)...  A better error message might mention "device
> full" or some such.

Unfortunatelly it's not even glibc bug.  EIO/ENOSPC is returned from
kernel, so this bug is occured by buggy kernel or filesystems.  I
think this bug is too old to keep open.  I close this bug.  If you
reappear this bug, please provide us your kernel version and mounted
filesystem name.

Regards,
-- gotom