Re: mail loops -- [Bug preprocessor/9071] Warning for blocks not closed in same file as opened in (forwarded from dberlin at gcc dot gnu dot org)

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 11:32:29PM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Maybe this was changed with the move of the Debian BTS to the new
> host? Could the same change be made on spohr?

No, my memory is that the mail loops appeared to have stopped ages ago
so I removed the workaround. Certainly the workaround was in a place
that was rsynced over to spohr verbatim and wasn't host-specific.

Aha: see my closing message to http://bugs.debian.org/174503.

I've put in a slightly saner workaround than the previous one, which
suppresses acks to any mail with the X-Bugzilla-Reason: header. Let me
know if that doesn't work.

Ages ago I suggested a fix to the gcc bug tracking system that would
work for everyone and avoid this stupid situation where everybody's bug
tracking system has to include individual workarounds for every other
bug tracking system: simply make your Bugzilla ignore mails it receives
with the Precedence: header set to "bulk", "junk", or "list", and set
done this since shortly after this discussion last came up. Please can
somebody implement this in Bugzilla?

[Please remove debian-admin@lists.debian.org from replies; there's no
system-level configuration involved here so it doesn't need to involve
them.]

Cheers,