Re: [bigloo] 2.6a-beta status on Debian

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 10:23:34AM +0200, Manuel Serrano wrote:
> Which version of GCC are you using?

Debian's 3.3 package, which seems to contain only a small number of
fixes.

> All GCC3.x version  actually released
> contains the very same sever bug. In short, they are not able to
> correctly compile functions such as:
>
> int hux( int x ) {
>    if( x ) {
>       foo( 4 );
>       return x;
>    }
>    failure_then_exit( x );
> }
>
> This pattern is very frequent in Bigloo.
>
> It seems that GCC3.4 fixes the problem but in the meantime you should
> definitively use GCC2.95. I will add a test in the Bigloo configuration
> process...

Do you know whether they have a problem-report and/or fix easily
available for application on our 3.3 ?  The debian gcc maintainers may
be interested in applying the fix...

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson    <ydirson@altern.org> |    Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?