re: planning binutils NMU (testing wanted ...)

Matthias,
    I rebuilt your test debian binutils 2.14.90.0.1-0.1 package
on my debian ppc sid box and it looks fine. The places where we diverge
are...

your build...

		=== binutils Summary ===

# of expected passes		28
# of untested testcases		4

and my build

                === binutils Summary ===

# of expected passes            31
# of expected failures          1

This difference of 4 untested test cases is due to you having
dejagnu 1.4.3 installed and my having downgraded to 1.4.2.

The other divergence is...

your build...

 		=== ld Summary ===

# of expected passes		171
# of unexpected failures	6
# of unexpected successes	4
# of expected failures		8

and my build...

                === ld Summary ===

# of expected passes            177
# of unexpected successes       4
# of expected failures          8

These 6 unexpected failures strongly suggest that the ppc sid
build machine you used had been prelinked. Currently we are
waiting for Jakub to debug why prelinking causes these 6
unexpected failures. Since I have unprelinked my machine they
aren't triggered. In any case, they are non-fatal for us.
                       Jack