Cross-compiler setup

I noticed this evening that gcc-3.2 could produce cross-compiler
packages, so I decided to give it a shot for hurd-i386.

One quick question, then some bug reports. =)

What's the recommended binutils installation?  I have it in /usr/local
right now, compiled from source.  Are they planning a similar sort of
setup?  I had hoped that binutils-multiarch would handle it, but the
cross-build was insistant that it wanted i386-gnu-ar.

I suspect that this isn't a supported configuration, so I haven't filed
a bug.  I will cheerfully provide a unified diff for most of these if
you'd like:

In rules2 under :# Install everything, I needed to take out
INSTALL=$(INSTALL), because that failed to create the directories that I
needed.  It was trying to put cc1 into
/home/jbailey/Programming/debian-hurd/gcc-3.2-3.2.3ds8/debian/tmp/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-gnu/3.2.3
and couldn't because the directory didn't exist.  Going back to
install-sh -c worked, though.

gccbug also needs to be refered to as $(TP)gccbug

It seems to want to depend on libgcc1-hurd-i386 and binutils-hurd-i386.
The former it shouldn't need, and the later I refered to in my question
earlier.

After all that, it produced a perfectly usable cross-compiler
configuration.  The warnings in rules.defs about this being Linux only
seem to be incorrect.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
You said homosexuals form a small percentage of the population.  So
do Jews.  Is that a reason to deny someone equality?