TLS. nptl and gcc/glibc/binutils

   I am wondering if there is a gameplan on adding the support for
enabling TLS support in the devtools in sid. In particular, in trying
to build the current debian glibc cvs 2.3.2-1 release I noticed that
linuxthreads support was broken upstream. Uli seems to think this
will happen more frequently now that they are focused on nptl and
paying less attention to the old linuxthreads code.
   Do we plan to add backports of the TLS changes to gcc 3.2.3
as redhat has done or should we stick with gcc 3.3 if we want to build
glibc with TLS support? Just curious what the plan is on this transition.
                            Jack