Java Problems

   I have a problem I don't understand....

I am trying to run Java (SDK 1.4.1), which I have done many times with Red Hat or Windows. Now that I am using Debian I get an error when trying to execute a Java program (my own or Sun's). It tells me it can't find libc6.1-1.so.2, which is an outdated C library. My Debian is set
   at libc6.2-2.so.3.

I find the libc6.1-1.so.2 in the Debian package list, but when when I try to look inside the package
   that contains it, I'm told it doesn't exist.

I am sort of at an impasse. How do I get Java to work? Is Java the probelm? Is my C Library the problem? Can I find the old file to make Java happy? Certainly people run Java under Debian.

   Bill Ramsay
   RamsayW@attbi.com