[3.2] Reconsider patches for bison 1.50?

This is a quote from the Debian package changelog for gcc 3.2:

  * FTBS: With the switch to bison-1.50 (and 1.75), gcc-3.2 fails to build from
    source on Debian unstable systems. This is fixed in gcc HEAD, but not on
    the current release branch.
    HELP NEEDED:
    - check what is missing from the patches in debian/patches/bison.dpatch.
      This is a backport of the bison related patches, but showing regressions
      in the gcc testsuite, so it cannot be applied.
    - build gcc using byacc (bootstrap currently fails using byacc).
    - build bison-1.35 in it's own package (the current 1.35-3 package fails
      to build form source).
    - and finally ask upstream to backport the patch to the branch. It's not
      helpful not beeing able to follow the stable branch. Maybe we should
      just switch to gcc HEAD as BSD does ...
    As a terrible workaround, build the sources from CVS first on a machine,
    with bison-1.35 installed, then package the tarball, so the bison
    generated files are not rebuilt.

I think we should reconsider not backporting the patches for bison 1.50
to the 3.2 branch.

zw