Re: GNAT and related packages

jmarant@nerim.net (Jérôme Marant) writes:

>> This is not correct.  The Debian version hasn't passed *any*
>> validation tests.
>
>   I don't get it. The debian package is built from the ACT
>   source.

Yes, but it links against a different libc version.  This *can* make a
difference, especially in tasking.  The bootstrapping process can
introduce additional errors, too.

In addition, there were known bugs in the pthreads-based tasking
support which prevents successful conpletation of all ACATS tests.
AFAIK, these problems remain in 3.14p, and only the run-time library
based FSU Threads was ever validated.

>> The latest FSF release (and the most stable one, I believe, both GCC
>> 3.1 and 3.1.1 are very similar to it) is GCC 3.2.
>
>   The most stable one? There are many annoying bugs IIRC.

There aren't any other FSF releases (besides 3.1 and 3.1.1), so it is
the most stable one. ;-)