Re: Yet another stupid suggestion (Re: GCC 3.2 transition )

#include <hallo.h>
* Allan Sandfeld Jensen [Mon, Aug 19 2002, 02:58:06PM]:
> libraries are placed under /usr/lib/g++2.95 and the new ones under
> /usr/lib/g++3.1. The defaults are symbolic linked from /usr/lib. We can
> either hack ld.so to search the correct path (using some g++ calling cards)
> or recompile all the old C++ packages with an new rpath or load them with a

IMHO yes. I do not see why the usage of Rpath has reputation of beeing
evil noadays, it should be the most reliable way to go in this phase,
instead of hacking linkers and loaders. Once the transition is done and
all libraries got appropriate package names, the rpath changes may be
removed, but don't have to.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Der Nachteil an Linux ist, dass man sich irgendwann nicht mehr an den
Installationsvorgang erinnern kann.