Re: GCC 3.2 transition

[Matthew Wilcox]
> I got sick of listening to people discuss the gcc 3.2 transition in an
> uninformed manner.  So I've whipped up a transition plan which will
> hopefully get us from A to B without causing too much pain.  Haha.
> I'm entirely fallible and I don't pretend to understand all the issues
> involved with doing the transition.  But by writing down a plan at
> least it can be updated and fixed before we have to start _doing_
> the transition.
>
> Comments and corrections welcomed.

When this was discussed in June, one of the suggestions was to include
the ABI format (compiler name/version) in the library package name and
soname.  Did you consider it when you wrote your transition plan?

Check the debian-devel thread "C++ library packaging" starting
2002-06-27,
<URL:http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200206/msg01814.html>.