gcc 3.1.1 borked on voltaire

    What happened to the gcc 3.1.1 build on debian ppc sid? It looks
horribly broken from the log. I ask because I built locally a
gcc 3.1.1 package using the previous pre3 debian packaging patches
and rules and the gcc 3.1.1 official release tarballs. It built
fine and passes all of the test suite as well as Franz Sirls
redhat based builds of gcc 3.1.1 release did. I see only 2
unexpected gcc failures here whereas voltaire gets 14. Worse I get
1 unexpected libjava failure here and voltaire gets 697. Wow.
The only major difference I can think of is that I am using
a locally built binutils 2.12.90.0.15 instead of whats in sid.
                        Jack