Re: gcc in testing (2.95.4) can't a build working kernel

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

> I'm attaching a patch for the SMP problem.  I think gcc is generating bad
> code, but the function that it's generating bad code for is
> unnecessary.  Unfortunately, upstream kernel people never saw fit to
> accept this patch.

any chance you have a similar patch to qlogicisp.c?  I'm getting a panic
on line 1047 (in 2.4.17's version of qlogicisp.c).  Though, I also got
that panic using gcc 2.95.2, but not using gcc 2.96 (not sure which
particular one).

> > I took a look at the bugs listed in bugs.debian.org/gcc but didn't see
> > anything that looked like this one.
>
> File one :-)

Will do.

Thanks for the first patch.