Re: Internal compiler error - signal 5 (athlon 1.2GHz)

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 23:38:00 +0100, Michal Kolesar wrote:
> There is a problem with HW?

Not necessarily. It may be a problem with the way the hardware is
configured, or with the drivers you're using and there is still a small
chance it really is a problem in gcc.

> Or in gcc?

I doubt it. If it were a gcc problem, we would most likely have gotten
similar reports from others.

> I dont have permition access to www.gentoo.org

Hmm... the AMD problem is covered by many on-line news sites at the moment,
e.g. http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/01/24/1910227&mode=nested

> How long it will take for well working linux on athlon?

AFAIK, Linux should work reliably on Athlons provided you pass mem=nopentium
to the kernel.

HTH,
Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,