Re: Need some assistance in g++ related questions

> So, concluding, the following isn't correct?
>
> ,----
> | #
> | #        If SWISH++ doesn't work correctly with optimization on, but it
> | #        works just fine with it off, then there is a bug in your
> | #        compiler's optimizer.
> `----

No. Something like

# If SWISH++ doesn't work correctly with optimization on, but it works
# just fine with it off, then there is likely a bug in your compiler's
# optimizer.

would be accepted by most compiler authors. Actually, the statement
"there is likely a bug in the compiler's optimizer" is probably
accepted by most compiler authors independent of context. We know
there are many bugs in the compiler; in the optimizer and
elsewhere. The question is whether any of these bugs affect your
program.

Regards,
Martin