gcc 3.2.1, debian and TLS ( __thread keyword ) support

I am running debian unstable with latest upgrade of debian's gcc 3.2.1 .

I wanted to test the Nptl (
https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/phil-list/2002-November/000328.html
)
patch for the glibc, but this one uses a TLS keyword : __thread .

debian gcc doesn't seems to support this keyword .

the following simple test give me the following error :
toto.c:1: erreur de syntaxes avant « int »

[that means : toto.c:1: syntax error before "int"]

source :

return __thread int toto;
void titi()
{
        toto=0;
        return;
}

I search a bit in the gcc CVS, and found that gcc's CVS was patched
around May 2002
(
http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/c-common.h?rev=1.137&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
) to support(parse at least) this option ?
I don't find it in debian's gcc 3.2.1ds6 sources .. ( that's should be
why it doesn't work ;) )
Am i mistaken ? Is it a bug or a packaging choice or a different branch
?

How could I get this to work ? Are they some implications (i'am really
not a gcc nor glibc hacker) that
are far to complex to get this keyword support (like TLS issues ?)?

Regards

|Jaquemet Loic                                 |
|Phone: 44-(0)1293-55-6876                     |
|Eleve ingenieur en informatique FIIFO, ORSAY  |
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffss/
#wirelessfr @ irc.freenode.net