Re: FYI: GNAT 3.15p has been released

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 12:36:10AM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> - where did you see the announcement?

A couple of people brought it to my attention by word of mouth and word
of email. It may have been mentioned on one of the ACT mailing lists,
but since I am not a customer of ACT, I'm not on any of them yet.

> - what is the relation of this new version to the one included in gcc?
>   should we drop this version, or should the new gnat be built as a
>   patch to the gcc-3.2 source?

3.15p still uses the gcc-2.8.1 engine, so work on the 3.2 version of Ada
should probably continue. However, some people will need the stability
of the ACT maintained versions, so I (personally) see a need for both
to be packaged.

Incidentally, I've got 3.15p building nicely on x86, but it dies horribly
on my sparc. Alas, I cannot work on it much except at weekends, so it
may be a couple of weeks before I am ready with a package to be looked
at.

Jon