libstdc++-2.10-dev issue

Hi

I am using a woody system and using the 2.95.4 version of the GNU compiler.
The standard c++ library (2.10)
seems to miss out on some essential headers that are required as per
standard c++ compliance and this is causing
problems with some our code that runs on multiple platforms and assumes a
standard conforming C++ library.

Particularly ios_base is not defined. I also tried with the 2.90.8 version
of the standard C++ library
from FSF and the patches for gcc-2.95.3 upwards and they seem OK. from what
I could figure out,
some of the headers were ommited in the release of 2.10 release (
usr/include/g++3/std/bits).

Is this the case or is there some other package that needs to be installed
for me to get my code to compile successfully. Is
there a workaround for this issue.

Any information would be highly appreciated

Thanks

Ranjan