re: gcc 3.1 vs XF4.2

   In case anyone is interested, I finally pinned down why the
GL server extension, libGLcore.a, from the XFree86 4.2.0-0pre1v1
package built under gcc 3.1.1 doesn't load properly. It appears
that when building under gcc 3.1.1, we become like alpha on ppc
and can no longer do a 'strip --strip-debug' on all of the
server extensions. So far it appears that libGLcore.a is the only
problem one on ppc. Anyway, at least we have a workaround for that
so when sid goes to gcc 3.2 we don't have to worry about XFree86
breakage on ppc now.
                              Jack