Re: How was compiled cssc on ia64, and other issues

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 11:03:49AM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> The shared libgcc1 is built by gcc-3.0 and gcc-3.1. The libgcc1
> package is built from the gcc-3.1 sources.

Ah, OK.

> > What's silly about that is that gcc-3.1 only seems to be held out of
> > testing because an error in copyright file (and maybe because binutils
> > is held, which seems to come from an arm-specific patch not being
> > applicable any more)...  Are these issues to be settled in the near
> > future ?
>
> Maybe it's better to keep out 3.1 out of testing at all.

Well, the problem here is that it keeps packages that require 3.0 to
enter testing...  Would it be possible to rebuild cssc in a "testing"
environement, so that this particular issue gets resolved ?

> gcc-3.2 will be released soon (3.2 == 3.1.1 + g++ ABI changes).

Argh...  ABI changes again ?  That's a joke, right ?  Well... the
website says the same, so I guess it's not...  Sigh.

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique