Testsuite failure

Hi people,

I just found out that an earlier message that I sent did not actually get
sent. My previous message about testsuite failures didn't make sense
because of that. So, I'll just ask my question again.
Basically, I have the following problem building GCC 2.95.4:
- GCC seems to build fine, no compile errors.
- The testsuite (which is marked GCC-3.0.3?) then fails in all sorts of
ways, deterministically but different for every failing testcase. I get
SIGSEGVs, timeouts, internal compiler errors, etcetera. The link I
previously mentioned
(http://kebo.vlsm.org/debian-extra/dists/stable/dhidhel/experimental/gcc-2.95-4/gcc-2.95-2.95.4.ds7/build-native/gcc/testsuite/gcc.log)
gives EXACTLY the same errors, so there is at least one other person
experiencing this.- When I build GCC within a pbuilder environment I have exactly the same
trouble.- When I install the built GCC package, it works fine and it can compile
my 2.4.18 linux kernel just fine, and it seems to build GCC just fine as
well. When I install the GCC resulting from THAT build however I get an
internal compiler error on the first file I try to compile.
I have no clue if this is correct behaviour. If anyone wants to take a
look at this, I can give you access to my machine so you can check it out.
Please e-mail me if you are interested to take a look.
Thanks,

Bart Samwel