Re: G++-3.x bug? user specified operator== not found/used by find

Christof Petig wrote:
The following code does not compile with g++-3.0 and g++-3.1, but it does with g++-2.95.4. What is wrong (std:: is not missing!)?

Oh, std:: was missing - in a way ...

std::find only looks in namespace std:: for an operator==, if I specify it inside namespace std { ... } , it works.

Gives me a strange feeling though to declare user supplied operators in std.

Perhaps the namepace of the first argument determines the namespace searched for the operator ?

   Christof